Wednesday, December 12, 2012

You are What You Eat

Do I want to be a block of butter or a slim trim carrot?

If I were a carrot there would be no extra handles to love, just a lean, mean, orange? (I guess I could live with that), cancer fighting machine.  I think the carrot may have more fun too, a nice tone and crisp figure. When bent to its breaking point it makes sure its strong enough to make a sharp snap, everyone respects a tough cookie… I mean carrot. There is so much more going on for the carrot. Antioxidants and beta carotene seem to spice things up and keep things interesting. Everyone would want to hang around a carrot at the water cooler to hear the fun stories of carrots crazy antics. If I ate enough carrots to turn into one I am sure I would be the pumped up super mom that always seems to be prepared and have already done 10 things on her To Do List plus have the house spotless by 8 am.

Butter on the other hand even sounds bland and bla, no wonder it’s a couch potato. When it sits around its lard appearance just makes me tired thinking about it. When it’s fired up it just turns to a puddle, it just can’t handle stress that poor chunky butter. Of course it looks so enticing at first like “You want me… I’m so comforting” and then wammy 3 buckets of butter drenched popcorn later I’m beached in the movie theatre thinking I don’t think I’ll be able to peel myself out of my seat to go home.  

I have to admit the butter gets me from time to time and butter’s best friend Ice Cream is even harder to say no to, but the more carrots (fruit and vegetables) I eat, butter is less appetizing. When I think of my child I definitely want her to be a carrot. So I guess I’ll set the example for her. Let’s cheers to our new Carrot like bodies and teach our families healthy eating habits.

No comments:

Post a Comment