Tuesday, December 18, 2012

“Commandments for Parents, written from a child’s point of view”

The following is a direct quote from this little book called God’s little devotional book for moms.  The six little points are so true and with life’s business we tend to forget the most important things in our lives!  I hope you enjoy and give your little ones a BIG hug!

“Written from a child’s point of view!

1.      My hands are small; please don’t expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball.  My legs are short; slow down so I can keep up with you.

2.      My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; let me explore it safely; don’t restrict me unnecessarily.

3.      Housework will always be there; I’m little only for a short time.  Take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world; and do so willingly.

4.      My feelings are tender, don’t nag me all day long (you would not want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness).  Treat me as you would like to be treated.

5.      I am a special gift from God; treasure me as God intended you to do- holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.

6.      I need your encouragement (but not your empty praise) to grow.  Go easy on the criticism; remember, you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment