Friday, December 21, 2012

Birthing Orgasm Fact or Fiction?

As I was preparing myself for the birth of our child I started reading a book called Ina Mays Guide to Child birth. Great book by the way, encouraging and enlightening. Anywho…  as I was reading through this great piece of knowledge I learned about “birthing orgasms.” I had not heard of this before but the theory is that ``there's an integral relationship between the processes of birth, sexual arousal and orgasm—they share the same equipment and pathways (electro-chemical, neurobiological, energetic and more).`` http://www.orgasmicbirth.com/node/307 As I was curious about this I began reading and researching more about this crazy thought that child birth can be bliss rather than the previously conceived notion of unbearable pain.

So I developed a game plan for my own birthing experience and prepared my partner for the part of child birth where I could be in euphoria and sexual arousal… Well unfortunately for me this time around I did not experience the pleasure of a birthing orgasm. My man, so clever, thought as my contractions were intensifying that he could help relieve some pain and I hear “So do you want to make out?” Secretly I laughed in my head but at that time nothing was coming out of my mouth except primal noises to cope. I don’t remember the pain now but I sure remember no orgasm. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment