Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Smell the Roses?

As soon as you become pregnant people always say "Enjoy it, it goes so fast!" Sometimes it feels as if those people are liars- hello morning sickness, cankles, acne, bladder filling for ultrasounds, answering when your last period was for what seems like the billionth time this month. But somewhere in all of the less than desirable parts  and those oh so sweet and beautiful parts of pregnancy time really does seem to speed up. From the moment I found out I was pregnant with my first child, it feels as though I have stepped on the express train in life. I remember what life was like before I was pregnant- but only vaguely . In the past 3 years my life has seemed to be on fast forward- I know that days still have the same number of hours, there are still 365 days in a year, but life just speeds up once kids enter the scene. As soon as I found out I was pregnant the world seemed to spin just a little bit faster as I juggled doctor's appointments and work schedules. Then all of a sudden it was time for me to go off on mat leave and my first child was born. The months following her arrival seem like a blur to me and then it was time for me to return to work. Then pregnant again and back on the same routine of doctors appointments and ultrasounds and then my son arrived. Now I am back to work again and I think, seriously how did this time just slip away from me? What about you- do you feel like everything seems to go faster after kids? What do you do to "enjoy the moment" and capture memories?













No comments:

Post a Comment