Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Dresscode?!

I heard some say "now that you’re a mom you'll be lucky to get out of your pj’s before your partner gets home." True that sister! I find myself giving myself a pat on the back if I change before noon. Who knew that brushing your hair and eating breast fast could be such a hard task, let alone cleaning and laundry?

Some tips to getting a routine that includes your own self hygiene as well as your babes: (this will get easier as your babe grows and begins to have more of a routine)


·         Have a quick or already prepared breakfast the night before- like a smoothie prepped in the fridge or apple one hand for the first feeding in the morning. So when your babe eats you can fuel yourself as well.

·         Your baby will survive if you take an extra minute to brush your teeth after using the rest room.

·         Before going to bed  clean one thing like your bathroom sink/ or putting dishes in the dishwasher/ or put in a load of laundry in

·         Prioritize your to do list- plan every day of the week to do the bigger chores
 
Now breastfeeding is perfectly normal and should not be a taboo. Women should be proud of breastfeeding but it seems as though society has made it seem like it’s dirty to do in public. As a new mom breast feeding in public can be intimidating. There are many clothing and camisoles to increase confidence when breastfeeding and not exposing the whole world your body.  I find once I was comfortable in feeding my baby in general I felt more comfortable in trying to complete this task in public without having the fear of flashing an old grandpa my boob, or having my mommy deflated tire exposed for half the food court to marvel at. Now I can, almost, find the humor in people walking by and at the last minute realizing that they were looking at my inconspicuous breast feeding ways.  Some people’s reaction is funnier than others- I have had many reactions the best is when the look like they have seen a jack-in-the-box for the first time and actually stutter step and almost bolt in the other direction.

                Have fun and good luck with juggling life with baby J

No comments:

Post a Comment