Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Baby Joy!

Although my babe is only four months old, I seemed to forget how little and fragile brand new babes are. Today we visited our close friend’s with brand new little girl and how precious. What a miracle child birth is and how special every little baby is. I feel so blessed to have my girl and for her to have a new bestie!

Looking at that tiny little miracle and holding her little body in my hands I quickly remembered all the new and challenging experiences of when I first held our babe in our hands for the first time. It seems so long ago, how quickly things change. Like when we didn’t even know how to unlock our car seat from the base at the hospital bringing her home. Or when it took both parents to change a poopy diaper and in the lengthy process almost getting pooped on! Or breast feeding, hah…

As a nurse one would think I would have a one up, but I think all new moms can say most education goes out the window and intuition plays a huge role. I also feel so blessed to have had such a wonderful man by my side and a helping/willing mother with us for support those first few days of uncertainty and new territory.  Having a support team is wonderful and it is so exciting to share a wonderful addition with family and friends. Enjoy every moment.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO true! I've learned a lot as a nurse, but mostly my mommy brain takes over and kicks the nurse brain to the curb when it comes to my kids!

    ReplyDelete